October 19, 2023 • 3:30-5:00 pm CT
Join us for an engaging 90-minute panel discussion that delves deep into the transformative influence of ethnic studies on students and their families. Explore how ethnic studies programs have evolved beyond the classroom, shaping perspectives and fostering a sense of belonging.
Our esteemed panel of educators, researchers, and community leaders will share their insights, experiences, and success stories on the positive impacts of ethnic studies. Discover how these programs empower students to connect with their heritage, challenge stereotypes, and develop critical thinking skills.
Key Discussion Points:
- Empowering Identity: Learn how ethnic studies programs help students of diverse backgrounds develop a strong sense of self-identity and cultural pride.
- Fostering Inclusivity: Explore how ethnic studies promote inclusivity by embracing diverse perspectives and narratives.
- Academic Excellence: Discover how ethnic studies can enhance academic performance by engaging students in meaningful and relevant learning experiences.
- Family Engagement: Hear how ethnic studies can strengthen family bonds through shared cultural exploration and conversations.
- Community Impact: Understand the broader societal benefits of ethnic studies, from promoting empathy to driving social change.
- Q&A and Interactive Discussion: Engage with our panelists in a dynamic Q&A session, where you can ask questions and contribute to the conversation.
By the end of this session, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the positive ripple effects of ethnic studies in education and society. Whether you’re an educator, parent, student or community member, this panel discussion promises to inspire and inform you about the enduring value of ethnic studies programs. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of this important conversation. Join us and be part of the change!